The actual People's Choice Awards may have been awarded last month, but online search activity may lend some tips on which Oscar nominees are the favorites among users of one of the most popular Internet services around. AOL has put together a list of the most frequently searched for Oscar related terms from their database of over 700 million monthly queries.
Nominated actors and actresses run the range from Oscar veterans like Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman to newly recognized stars like Imelda Staunton and Clive Owen. Despite the usual increase in search activity related with any newcomers to the scene, AOL's list of most searched for Actors and Actresses is mostly made up of the better known actors.
1) Johnny Depp - Best Actor, Finding Neverland
2) Hillary Swank - Best Actress, Million Dollar Baby
3) Natalie Portman - Best Supporting Actress, Closer
4) Clint Eastwood - Best Actor, Million Dollar Baby
5) Leonardo DiCaprio - Best Actor, Million Dollar Baby
6) Jamie Foxx - Best Actor, Ray and Best Supporting Actor, Collateral
7) Kate Winslet - Best Actress, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
8) Clive Owen - Best Supporting Actor, Closer
9) Morgan Freeman - Best Supporting Actor, Million Dollar Baby
10) Virginia Madsen - Best Supporting Actress, Sideways
Search activity for Oscar nominated movies was heavy on the animated film category, no surprise considering the AOL demographic which is geared heavily toward young families. The most searched for movies at AOL the week of February 7th were as follows:
1) Million Dollar Baby - Best Picture
2) Sideways - Best Picture
3) The Incredibles - Best Animated Picture
4) The Aviator - Best Picture
5) Finding Neverland - Best Picture
6) Ray - Best Picture
7) Shrek 2 - Best Animated Picture
8) Shark Tale - Best Animated Picture
Discuss these findings in the Small Business Ideas forum.
February 16, 2005
Jennifer Laycock is the Editor of Search Engine Guide, the Social Media Faculty Chair for MarketMotive and offers small business social media strategy & consulting. Jennifer enjoys the challenge of finding unique and creative ways to connect with consumers without spending a fortune in marketing dollars. Though she now prefers to work with small businesses, Jennifer’s clients have included companies like Verizon, American Greetings and Highlights for Children.
Copyright © 1998 - 2019 Search Engine Guide All Rights Reserved. Privacy